Maybe it’s because I am about to be 30. Maybe it is because this is the longest I have lived anywhere and now I own a house and think of things in the long-term. It could just be because I spend too much time at work daydreaming of things besides work. But here is another list of things I need to do in the next few years:
1. Go on some long hiking trip. I’m talking like the AT or the Arizona Trail or something. Maybe not all of it, but a month’s worth or something. Got an itch…
2. Learn another language…perhaps French? Portuguese? Try Swahili again? Something.
3. Write more. In my head this is a novel or a book or something long. But mostly I just know I need to write more, even it is short stories.
4. Move forward on the whole grad school thing. It’s about time.
5. Build a cabin. On some land we own. Guess we have to “own” the land first. Preferably this will be with my family, splinters, stubbed toes and all.